Make a complaint

If you have an issue with Uisce Éireann , you should:

  1. tell them through their complaints process
  2. if you are not happy with their response, you can make a formal complaint to the CRU.

Uisce Éireann issues

Uisce Éireann will deal with issues related to:

  • Customer service
  • Wastewater
  • Meters
  • Leaks
  • Flow and pressure
  • Connections
  • Account problems
  • Billing issues

Water quality or pollution

If your unresolved complaint is about water quality or pollution, contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Contact Uisce Éireann

You can contact Uisce Éireann with your complaint in a number of ways.


Post: Uisce Éireann, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City


Twitter: @IWCare

Minicom: 1800 378 378 (for hearing impaired customers with their own minicom equipment)

Tips when making a complaint

We recommend that you submit your complaint in writing either by post or email. Before making a complaint, you should:

  • think about what outcome you want
  • how you'll explain your issue
  • gather any information such as bills, letters, account details, or notes of previous conversations which you might need to support your complaint.

While making a complaint, you should:

  • ask for a complaint reference number
  • only send copies of original documents
  • keep a record of any documents
  • take note of:
    • your conversations with Uisce Éireann including the name and title of the person you spoke to and the date of the call
    • any commitments or agreements that Uisce Éireann makes including promises to call you back

Complaints process

Uisce Éireann is required to publish a clear and easy complaints process on its website. This must set out an easy process for customers to use when they are having issues. Find out more on the Uisce Éireann website.

Complain to the CRU

We provide a free dispute resolution service to customers with an unresolved complaint against an energy supplier, network operator or Uisce Éireann.

Learn More