Complain to Uisce Éireann
If you are not satisfied with the water or wastewater service provided by Uisce Éireann you can complain to them. Find out how.
Make a complaint
If you have an issue with Uisce Éireann , you should:
- tell them through their complaints process
- if you are not happy with their response, you can make a formal complaint to the CRU.
Uisce Éireann issues
Uisce Éireann will deal with issues related to:
- Customer service
- Flow and pressure
- Account problems
- Billing issues
Water quality or pollution
If your unresolved complaint is about water quality or pollution, contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Contact Uisce Éireann
You can contact Uisce Éireann with your complaint in a number of ways.
- General complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Service complaints: email@example.com
- Business customer complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New connections complaints: email@example.com
Post: Uisce Éireann, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City
- Callsave 1850 278 278 or +353 1 707 2828 (lines open 24/7)
- Business Customers Callsave 1850 778 778 or +353 1 707 2827 (Mon - Fri 9am - 5:30pm)
Minicom: 1890 378 378 (for hearing impaired customers with their own minicom equipment)
Tips when making a complaint
We recommend that you submit your complaint in writing either by post or email. Before making a complaint, you should:
- think about what outcome you want
- how you'll explain your issue
- gather any information such as bills, letters, account details, or notes of previous conversations which you might need to support your complaint.
While making a complaint, you should:
- ask for a complaint reference number
- only send copies of original documents
- keep a record of any documents
- take note of:
- your conversations with Uisce Éireann including the name and title of the person you spoke to and the date of the call
- any commitments or agreements that Uisce Éireann makes including promises to call you back
Uisce Éireann is required to publish a clear and easy complaints process on its website. This must set out an easy process for customers to use when they are having issues. Find out more on the Uisce Éireann website.
Complain to the CRU
We provide a free dispute resolution service to customers with an unresolved complaint against an energy supplier, network operator or Uisce Éireann.